[RC5] Win32 CLI 391 not checkpointing when using "-hide"

Tim Charron tcharron at interlog.com
Fri Jan 30 22:15:17 EST 1998

> Well, it is fairly obvious that the Win95 hidden version is not for use
> under NT, given its name.  However, the Win95/NT CLI version, aka WIN32
> CLI version gives the direct implication that it is compatible with both
> platforms.  Maybe I missed the notice in the doc telling that "-hide"
> doesn't work under NT, but the program help output certainly doesn't note
> this.  And if this is a hard limitation, it certainly should.

When developed, the -hide was intended for all audiences :).

Just before leaving the office today, I compiled the win32 client
using MS VC++ 4.0 (I've been using Watcom 11.0).  When I ran this
client with "-hide" on NT, my quick check of the task list showed no
problem with it.  This seems to be a Watcom problem.

I will endeavour to use MS for future win32 compiles unless this can
be solved.

-- Tim
Tim Charron
tcharron at interlog.com