[RC5] We need strong international encryption!

Roy Wilson emperor at slic.com
Sun Jul 19 22:03:25 EDT 1998

On Sun, 19 Jul 1998 17:10:24 -0400, Ed McCrudden wrote:

>>Also note that EFF's "Deep Crack" machine
>>can *only* handle DES -- it's got dedicated DES-cracking hardware chips,
>>so it can't be used on RC5 or GIMPS or any other project.
>
>What's stopping them from developing similar hardware for RC5?  Seems to
>me they have very deep pockets if they can afford to spend a quarter of
>a million dollars to win $10,000.

	I've got to keep wondering if there's a hardware shortcut to
breaking PGP.  The feds make too much noise about how it's "too secure",
that leads me to believe it's disinformation, and they've got a way of
busting it near enough to instantly.

Roy Wilson <emperor at slic.com> <ICQ 8094267>
Lat: 44.850959 Lon: -74.40286 [+/- 6']

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net