[RC5] dual processor BeOS RC5 benchmarks

Ryan Schmidt berrytech at bigfoot.com
Wed Jul 1 01:19:16 EDT 1998

>I'm looking for RC5/DES benchmarks on dual processor BeOS systems. The
>rc5 client speed page at: http://www.alde.com/speed.html only has one
>dual CPU BeOS system (dual 233MHz P2 gives 814,408 DES keys/sec) and
>frankly I don't really beleive that result. Does anybody have any other
>results (PPC or Intel welcome).

I was running the client on an original BeBox for a while. (If I recall, that's
2 66 MHz PPC 603 processors.) I think I recall something in the range of 700
kkeys/sec for RC5. But I no longer have access to the box, so I can't verify
that. If you really want to know, I could make a bigger effort. :)
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net