[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #215

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Thu Jul 2 21:49:50 EDT 1998

Brice D. Fleckenstein wrote:

> >       One thing that might help newbies such as my myself, is make a package
> > available for download that includes the pproxy, client, and faq for each
> > platform. If I had understood at the beginning, that the proxy goes on the
> > server, client on each workstation on the network, and only the pproxy gets
> > the blocks from the net, I might have made the right choice at the start.
>
>  More info readily and more easily available on the PProxies would be a
> good idea - but most folks don't NEED them, when they only run 1 or
> mabey 2 machines.
>
>  Those of us with personal networks are not REAL common - yet.

i've got six machines behind a pproxy here at home... planning to add 5
or six more in the near future... probably not in time for DES-II-2,
though... -=B-)

--
          _o    Bike       o_          Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
       -- <,_   Collider  _,>  --      mailto:wkitty42 at alltel.net
     --  _>(_)  Project  (_)<_  --     ftp://ftp.wplace.dyn.ml.org
    --  (_)                 (_)  --    http://www.wplace.dyn.ml.org
                                       telnet://bbs.wplace.dyn.ml.org
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net