[RC5] Different sized DES key blocks?

Isaac zarkon at concentric.net
Sun Jul 5 10:50:22 EDT 1998

At 09:43 AM 7/4/98 +0200, you wrote:
>do DES key blocks come in different sizes, too, like RC5 key blocks? In
>other words, does the preferred keysize (2^28 .. 2^31) apply to the DES
>contest, too? Or are all DES key blocks the same size?

During the last contest, you could choose the size too.  The difference was
that the DES blocks were actually twice as big because the client would
crank through both the block and its inverse block because it was more
efficient (for technical reasons I don't understand).

===== zarkon at concentric.net === Isaac Foraker === Programmer/Analyst =====
"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb." -- Lord Helmet
====== http://www.concentric.net/~zarkon/ === Strive for Perfection ======

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net