[RC5] Can't hide 2.7100 client

Ed McCrudden 693077 at ican.net
Mon Jul 6 11:03:26 EDT 1998

As was pointed out to me by Derek Chee, the 2.7100 Win95 CLI client
pops up a DOS window with "RC5DES" in the title bar for half a second
on bootup, even when installed as a service with -hide and screen
output disabled.  No more hidden client.

Due to this "feature", I've been forced to uninstall 2.7100 and go
back to the previous version of RC5DESH.EXE.

AFAIK, I'll still be able to participate in the upcoming DES contest,
but I'd sure like to run the fastest client available.     :-(

-Ed

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net