[RC5] Personal proxy statistics scripts
gouget at metaintegration.net
Mon Jul 6 21:01:32 EDT 1998
So I finally did it. I finally wrote scripts to parse the personal
proxy files. Maybe they're not the best or the most sophisticated but
what I want and are really simple. Here are their features:
- generate static HTML pages that you can use with any Web server or
server at all
- one page per day listing all the computers
- one page per computer with a history
- one index page referencing all the other pages
- they don't use any "fancy" tool. Not that I don't like perl or other
tools. It's just that they're not installed on the system I'm using
(and that I don't know perl but don't repeat that). All you need is a
shell (bash, ksh, maybe even sh is it supports functions), sed and awk
and other standard Unix tools. Oh yeah, did I mention it's for Unix ?
- it should be able to handle DESII contests (weel in fact mainly the
one to come). Of course I haven't tested that yet.
You will find them at this address:
Unfortunately I'll be on vacation for the next two week so you'll be
on your own if you have problems with these scripts.
There's probably a couple of bugs. awk seems to complain from time to
time that a line is too long. I didn't have time to debug this
So if you know how to fix these bugs or come up wih enhancements, let
send me an email at: "fgouget at mygale.org".
fgouget at mygale.org -- http://www.mygale.org/~fgouget/
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net
rc5-digest subscribers replace rc5 with rc5-digest
More information about the rc5