[RC5] Windows build 414 released

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Tue Jul 7 08:59:11 EDT 1998

As of last night, win32 2.7100.414 clients have been released.  These
clients have the following improvements over build 412 (and more):

- A new installer that does not rely on msvcrt.dll. (GUI)
- The GUI has a new command line switch (which the installer will use)
that causes it to start minimized. (GUI)
- Fixed code that stops the constant harddisk access some were
reporting lurk mode to cause.
- A fix for the bug where the client would run out of blocks and start
acting strangely.
- New lurk code that acts more predictably (and will be expanded to
support more features in the near future.)

In addition, there are two versions of the NT service available, one
that identifies itself as "rc5desnt", and one that has the legacy name
"bovrc5nt" for those who have large installs and are unable to switch
to "rc5desnt" at this time.

So, at this point in time, we believe all issues with the win32 clients
have been resolved (aside from the NT service freeze on lurk mode
auto-start bug, which is commented on in the NT client's zip file.)  If
you find any bugs with this build, please report them to
coders at lists.distributed.net as soon as possible.

Thank You,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net