[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #217

Michael Kiaer mikkel at echonyc.com
Wed Jul 8 19:36:17 EDT 1998

I read the same story on WiredNews.

The distributed.net site proudly say "The Fastest Computer in the World"
but doesn't give any details (at least I haven't found them).

For publicity purposes, I think it would be a good idea to elaborate a
bit on that with some hard numbers. How does it rate against "real"
supercomputers, e.g. those listed on
http://www.top500.org/top500.list.html.

Some of you can probably figure that out from the number of keys being
crunched daily but I sure can't and neither can any journalist who might
be writing a story about distributed.net, I am sure.

Michael Kiaer

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net