[RC5] Alpha/NT client??

Ed Wensell III aka THE StormRaiser EWENSELL at pstcc.cc.tn.us
Fri Jul 10 14:01:31 EDT 1998

=> Since we are quickly nearing the start date of DES-II, I thought I would
=> bring this up...  What ever happended to Alpha/NT development?  There
=> hasn't been a new client release, or beta for that matter, in a VERY
=> long time.  Can we expect a 2.7100 client by the DES-II start??  Alpha
=> machines seem to do very well when it comes to DES, and it would be a
=> great waste to not implement a client for this group.  Please don't tell
=> me I'm going to need to switch my alpha back to linux.....

I noticed the same and put my note in at the Porting page
(www.distributed.net/porting/). While I was at it, I also put in a word for
OpenVMS ("we're" getting a new Alpha 4100 with dual 466's within the next
couple weeks.. And us operations people will have it for "testing" purposes for
the next couple months).

Until soon...
Ed Wensell III
Systems and Operations Support, Pellissippi State
http://www.pstcc.cc.tn.us/departments/sos

 "A STRANGE GAME. THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS NOT TO PLAY." - WarGames
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net