[RC5] Re: 2nd Message from Oscar

dan carter daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Mon Jul 13 01:23:29 EDT 1998

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998 23:25:20, Raymond Tkatch wrote:

>  There will be an MMX cored version out soon, but I get the feeling I'll
>have to have seperate clients, at least until I get my new compiler (5
>days and counting). The latest, latest builds unfortunatly uses more
>stackspace, and slows down the cracking rates for both RC5 and DES, at
>least with Watcom 10. As I said Watcom 11 is in the mail and will fix
>these problems.

Well i'd like to say good work.

Haven't found any problems with v2.7100.414
but it did bring my DES rates from 705K to 876K

However, after seeing the win32 415 MMX enabled version take a
6x86MX-200 from the 600s to the 900s (K k/s) all i can say is i hope
the mail over there in the US is quick, damn quick. And i hope the MMX
in this K6 is quick, damn quick too.
daniel carter
37 craigleith st, dunedin, new zealand.
I'll never forget the 1st time I ran Windows, but I'm trying.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net