[RC5] Re:rc5-digest V1 #219

Jeff Rosowski JRosowski at caesars.com
Tue Jul 14 08:53:00 EDT 1998

Is there any reason why DES won't use more than two processors in multiprocessor
machines.  I have a quad processor and it insists on doing two rc5 blocks and
two des blocks.  If I put the rc5 buffers to 0:0 it still just does two DES
blocks.  I would think in a time critical application such as this, a
significant gain would be had by allowing DES to use all four processors.  Right
now my DES key rate is effectively cut in half.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net