[RC5] Unexpected benchmark results for Cyrix 6x86 CPU

Brian Wilson wilsonb at mindspring.net
Tue Jul 14 16:02:21 EDT 1998

At 08:01 AM 7/14/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Jeff Lawson wrote:
>>
>> The following clients have recently been made available for download:
>>
>> v2.7100/rc5des415-win32-x86-cli.zip
>
>Jeff,
>
>Benchmarking my Cyrix 6x86 120 MHz (non-MMX) CPU with this client, I get
>the following results:
>
>CPU-t   RC5    DES
>-1      198k   392k
>0       198k   392k
>1       202k   397k
>3       243k   185k
>
>As I've stated before, automatic CPU detection selects CPU type 0 (pentium
>core) rather than 3 (Cyrix core.)

Funny, I was noticing that too.  My Intel P150 gets 750kkeys,
while my Cyrix 200MMX only gets 620kkeys.  I was confused and
going to email the list but I haven't found the 30 seconds of
free time.  *whew*

B/W/

Brian Wilson --- Engineer, MindSpring Network Operations Center
wilsonb at mindspring.net                http://www.mindspring.com
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge
even where there is no river.                -- Nikita Khrushchev
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net