[RC5] More MMX Clients! SCO OS/2

Oscar Chang oscarc at divideby0.com
Wed Jul 15 04:46:28 EDT 1998

  The following clients are available, both with MMX DES Cores!!

rc5des416-os2-x86-cli.zip
rc5des416-sco5-x86.tar.gz

Get them while they're hot at

  http://www.distributed.net/clients.html

OS/2 Notes:

  The OS/2 client finally has the MMX core, but it seems that the K6 has
slowed down again (on my k6-200 anyway) This maybe different on other K6
chips, but compare it to the Pentium core and then see which one goes the
fastest. MMX core is the same on all CPU's.

  I didn't see the announcement for the two new HP clients so I'll do it
again just in case. The following HP clients are available.

rc5des412-hpux1020-hppa20-static.tar.gz
rc5des412-hpux10-hppa11-static.tar.gz

HPUX 1020 notes:
- This client was compiled with the HP-UX CC compiler, optimized
  for HPPA 2.0 (it may not run on HPPA 1.1), and statically linked.

- The SOCKS assert()s in network.cpp were tripping, so I put a
  penny in the fusebox.  I can't guarantee that SOCKS will work
  with this version.

- The client was tested on:

  9000/871  HP-UX 10.20  PA-RISC 2.0

- The DES and RC5 perform MUCH slower than the dynamically-linked
  412 hpux1020 build (I have no idea why).  The dynamic build should
  be used where possible.

HPUX 10 Notes:

- This client was compiled with the HP-UX CC compiler, optimized
  for HPPA 1.1, and statically linked.

- The SOCKS assert()s in network.cpp were tripping, so I put a
  penny in the fusebox.  I can't guarantee that SOCKS will work
  with this version.

- The client was tested on:

  9000/816  HP-UX 10.01  PA-RISC 1.1c
  9000/715  HP-UX 10.10  PA-RISC 1.1c
  9000/851  HP-UX 10.20  PA-RISC 1.1d

- The DES and RC5 perform about 10% slower than the dynamically-linked
  412 hpux10 build (I have no idea why).  The dynamic build should
  be used where possible.

---
oscarc at divideby0.com
You won't be undefined when you Divide By Zero.
http://www.divideby0.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net