[RC5] d.net

GMH13 at aol.com GMH13 at aol.com
Wed Jul 15 23:42:28 EDT 1998

1)  The individual stats pages are reporting "percentage of keyspace" as a
2^64 keyspace, not 2^56, which makes me feel 256 more insignificant than I
really am (which isn't very significant to start with).

2)  What percentage of Amazon purchases does d.net earn if I purchase through
the link on the donations page?

3)  If I enter Amazon through the link on the donations page can I wonder
around in Amazon or need I purchase right away?  How do I verify Amazon is
donating to d.net?

4)  During the past week someone on this list pointed out that when you
request a 2^31 block there are several different combinations you might
receive, making choosing a buffering size difficult.  Would it be possible to
setup the proxies such that they have four buffers (2^28, 2^29, 2^30, and
2^31)?  This way the proxies wouldn't need to cut blocks into odd pieces.  The
proxies could receive all their blocks from the master as 2^31 and then cut
them up themselves as needed (which is probably how it is setup currently).

Thanks,
Greg Hogan
GMH13 at aol.com
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net