[RC5] Differing processor speeds

Patrick rc5 at SmalNet.ch
Thu Jul 16 00:00:53 EDT 1998

to help with compare : these are the rate we got on different proc.

with MMX instruction , you don't take advantage of the dual pipelining of
the PII anymore , but just of the MMX part of the PII, which is the same on
the Pmmx, thus both proc. should perform the same at same freq.

The BIG loser here is the PPro, without MMX, this proc just doesn't keep up
:
a single Pmmx-233 beats a dual PPro-200 (both proc used)

K5-100 :  520 Kk/s
P-150 :  700 Kk/s
P-166 :  844 Kk/s
PPro-200 :  980 Kk/s