[RC5] Curious client behavior

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Wed Jul 15 16:34:40 EDT 1998

'Unrau, Trevor' said previously:

[client won't use all CPU unless it has focus]

| So now I have left it at niceness 1 and I just have to remember to put the
| client in focus when I'm not using the machine.

[...]

| Would anyone have an explanation for this anomaly?  None of my other Windows
| 95 machines have this problem, even though they run the same client.

Someone else reported similar problems which were later traced to
power management (APM) software which was slowing down the CPU if no
foreground application was active.

Regards,

--Joe

--
  +------- Joseph Zbiciak ------+
  |- - - j-zbiciak1 at ti.com - - -|  "The truth of a proposition has nothing
  | -Texas Instruments, Dallas- |   to do with its credibility.
  |- - #include <disclaim.h> - -|   And vice versa."       -- Lazarus Long

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net