[RC5] Possible GUI freezing mirc/eudora bug fix.

Nick_ nickc at staffnet.com
Thu Jul 16 15:27:15 EDT 1998

> At 08:20 PM 7/13/1998 -0500, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> >Since we switched to the build 405+ GUI (built in VWCL instead of OWL),
> >there have been isolated reports of Eudora/Mirc not starting up
> >correctly while the gui is running.  We have become aware of a possible
> >cause/solution of this problem.  If you're running a win32 GUI client
> >and having this problem, please try this:  Run the client in hidden
> >mode.  Once you have done this and determined whether or not this fixes
> >the problem, please e-mail silby at execpc.com with your results.

I've had problems with mIRC and ICQ startup.  I can stop the
problem by useing the "stop client operations" option.  it is also an
intermitant problem, it seems to only happen after the client has
been working in the background for quite some time, I've not had
the time to see if a hidden client has any effect, or if it happens
before or after a block flush.  version info:

RC5DES v2.7100.416 client - a project of distributed.net
DES bitslice driver Copyright Andrew Meggs
DES sboxes routines Copyright Matthew Kwan
DES search routines Copyright Svend Olaf Mikkelsen
Automatic processor detection found an Intel Pentium MMX.
Selecting Pentium, Pentium MMX, Cyrix 486/5x86/MediaGX, AMD
486 code.
Using MMX DES cores.

I've got a Pentium 233MMX OverClocked to 75x3.5
(262.5Mhz/266), with 64Mgs of ram.

-Nick
--
Nicholas Crawford <nick at null.net> / ICQ: 2555860 / Nick_ers at UnderNet IRC
4096/1024 Diffie-Hellman/DSS PGP key ID: 0x738C4DB4 fingerprint:
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net