[RC5] We need strong international encryption!

Greg Ackerson jogar at bigfoot.com
Fri Jul 17 10:38:35 EDT 1998

>  Like other weak cryptosystems, DES and other encryption systems are
    exportable without key recovery, at the weak key lengths of 40 bits or
    less (the EFF DES Cracker project broke 56-bit DES, far stronger than
    the paltry 40-bit version that is exportable)

At the rate the DES Cracker broke DES-II-2, it could break a 40-bit code
in 3 seconds.

Scary, huh?

-GAck
ICQ: 796835 | Email me for my PGP public key! |
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net