[RC5] Cyrix M2-300

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Fri Jul 17 20:27:01 EDT 1998

On Thu, 16 Jul 98 14:53:07 -0600, gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:

>     Would it be easier to post a utility to turn on CPUID?  Such a
>     utility could be installed in the boot scripts for most users and
>     this would help them in other ways as well.

As I have no cyrix processor here, I can't test any of those utilities
myself.  However, if some cyrix owners would like to try them out and
find a few that work well, I'd be glad to add mention of them to one of
the FAQs.  As for inclusion with the client; if someone wrote up some
cyrix cpuid enabling code, we could probably incorporate it into the
client as another commandline and ini option.  Again, I don't have a
cyrix processor, so I could never validate the code I'd write myself.
MASM/TASM source + instructions on proper usage appreciated from

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net