[RC5] Cyrix M2-300

Phillip Hardy phillip at sis.bytes.gen.nz
Mon Jul 20 12:38:50 EDT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Silbersack <silby at execpc.com>
To: <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
Date: Monday, 20 July 1998 8:59 AM
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [RC5] Cyrix M2-300

>On Thu, 16 Jul 98 14:53:07 -0600, gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:
>
>>     Would it be easier to post a utility to turn on CPUID?  Such a
>>     utility could be installed in the boot scripts for most users and
>>     this would help them in other ways as well.

I have this util.. .. Read Below

>As I have no cyrix processor here, I can't test any of those utilities
>myself.  However, if some cyrix owners would like to try them out and
>find a few that work well, I'd be glad to add mention of them to one of
>the FAQs.  As for inclusion with the client; if someone wrote up some
>cyrix cpuid enabling code, we could probably incorporate it into the
>client as another commandline and ini option.  Again, I don't have a
>cyrix processor, so I could never validate the code I'd write myself.
>MASM/TASM source + instructions on proper usage appreciated from
>whoever writes the code to enable CPUID. :)

Yes Mike I have 6x86opt it also comes with a util called cpuiden
A util to enable the cpu iden bit inside the proccessor. this program works
with
Cyrix and IBM M1 cpu's.. i have only tested it with the Cyrix 6x86L 200+ CPU
It works 100% every time and The D.Net client detects a 6x86 everytime...
just add 6x86opt
and add cpuiden
into your autoexec.bat (tested Dos, Windows 3.11, Win 9X

If anyone wants a copy please Email me and i will send them the file by
fileattatch.. it is on the net somewhere (is i found it on a 6x86 site but
can't rember where i got it.. it is only 20k in size (ziped)

Enjoy..

Keep cracking...

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net