[RC5] d.net

Jim C. Nasby nasbjim at charlie.cns.iit.edu
Sun Jul 19 21:20:14 EDT 1998

The reason for having the block size setting is for slower computers. My 486-16 does a
2^31 block in 24 hours. Were it networked, I would have it doing 2^29 blocks instead,
so that it's reporting at least every 6 hours.

As far as changing the clients to retrieve a specific amount of work (rather than
block count), it would be a bit of an issue since the buffer headers would have to
change. We're looking into it, but it probably wouldn't be released until there was
another reason to change the buffer file format as well.

Moo!
dB!