[RC5] We need strong international encryption!

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Jul 20 18:44:04 EDT 1998

     Not all cracks are by brute force.

     Part of the "effect" of D.Net and the EFF computer is to say that
     "twits" writing the dumbest possible attack can do the crack very
     quickly.

     For D.Net, throw in that all the cracking is being done for free on
     computers' idle time.

     Imagine if the current "state of the art" in the theory of these
     ciphers was used to toss out nontrivial segments of keyspace...