[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #223

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Mon Jul 27 19:12:14 EDT 1998

> So I was wondering if anyone had some clues for using apm with linux and
> have it not effect the client so much...

 Don't.

 Setterm -blank 60 (or shorter if you prefer) will save almost as much
power as APM does on the monitor (*AS* much if you don't have a "green"
monitor), and turning your hard drive off ESPECIALLY on a PII (which
completes blocks prety quickly even at 2^31 blocks) is NOT gonna work
very well anyway 'cause the CPU access the HD too often for saving and
grabbing new blocks.

--

 Reply-to has been de-spammed. Real email address below.

 Brice D. Fleckenstein
 EMail: bricef at indy dot net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net