[RC5] Future Projects

Jim C. Nasby nasby at enteract.com
Wed Jul 29 22:12:55 EDT 1998

There have been a number of questions and speculation on what sorts of
projects distributed.net might tackle next, in conjunction with RC5. We
have been considering taking on an additional project for some time now.
I'm sure the choices we're considering will come as no surprise... OGR,
Mersenne, ECC and factoring were all considered. We have made a decision
on what project we want to pursue, but we are still working out the last
details on it. Once everything is pretty locked in, we'll let you know
what we chose. Please don't bother cluttering the list with pleas for
info or speculation until then ;P.

Moo!
dB!
distributed.net Human Interface