[RC5] Remote RC5 Client Control

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Thu Jul 30 00:40:54 EDT 1998

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Jason D. Jordan wrote:

> I'd like the status window to check regularly that PC's are still up and
> still crunching.  The Proxy Monitor helps out here by showing me how
> many blocks a particular PC has crunched today, but it would be great if
> an alarm status could be raised if a workstation HASN'T reported in.

I've considered adding this to the perl script that I use to produce proxy
stats.  I've got some machines that I can't install my normal network
monitoring software on.  But since I run rc5 on them I have noticed when
they died!  rc5 is useful.  :-)  But it would be nice if the stats program
would notice if the machine hasn't checked in at the interval that it
normally would plus 10% or so.  Of course, with a proxy I also keep a very
low output buffer on the machines so they check in pretty often.

</chris>
--
                    load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net