[RC5] An idea for making our point about RC5-56

Dan Hrabarchuk danh at firstwest.com
Thu Jul 30 16:18:56 EDT 1998

I agree. Is there really any point in show that tens of thousands of
computers working together (think of how many computers need to be added to
dnet for us to crack RC5-64 in two years) need years to crack RC5-64. If I
was looking at this it would only improve my opinion of the encryption
scheme. Proving that current US laws are dense was the entire point (Or I
was under that impression when I started). Let's focus on the point we
really want to make. I realize that there are no contests on going for this,
and there will never be a prize, but is dnet in this for the money??