[RC5] Linux-problem strikes back

Edwin ten Brink edwin at Cam061311.student.utwente.nl
Mon Jun 1 22:12:18 EDT 1998

>Some time ago I mentioned here that I'm having problem with my linux
>-box , but i havent got any reply .

Allright, maybe I can offer some help... (I'm a new subscriber.)

>So , I just cant keep my rc5 client running for longer than 10 minutes , it
>always gets killed (no matter what i will set , and what i will do :) )

Is it exactly after 10 minutes, or when you log out? Remember it must run
detached from the console!

>It's somewhat strange . Could someone check/look at that system for
>solve of my problem ? ( I can give you an IP , logon and password)

That seems a little premature... I have made on my own boxes an init-script
that starts rc5 as it boots, in /etc/rc.d/init.d/rc5des.init. This script
is called in the proper runlevel.

#!/bin/bash

# source function library
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

case "$1" in
  start)
        echo -n "Starting RC5-des calculator: "
                daemon /usr/bin/rc5des/rc5des &
        echo
        touch /var/lock/subsys/rc5des
        ;;
  stop)
        echo -n "Shutting down RC5-des calculator: "
        killproc rc5des
        rm -f /var/lock/subsys/rc5des
        echo
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: rc5des.init {start|stop}"
        exit 1
esac

exit 0

Do you have something like this, or do you start it manually from a shell?

Good luck,

Edwin
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net