[RC5] Putting Postscript printers to work

Jean-Marc V. Liotier liotier at easynet.fr
Tue Jun 2 11:02:18 EDT 1998

This topic already emerged some time ago but spawned no discussion,
which
seems strange to me since it looks like the cumulative power of all
Postscript
printers our there may well be worth the coding.

A fellow student of mine, now out of sight, has actually done
calculations by
sending through the network postscript files containing his algorithm.So
they
may be a possibility for a client based on the PC herding a bunch of
printers.

The only problem I can see is that the printer seems to process each
Postscript
job sequentially, which means that the printer would indeed be barred
from
processing the next job in the queue until it is done with RC5...

Is there some kind of queue management allowing for the jobs being
tagged
as low priority and dropped in the eventuality of another one coming up
in
the queue ?

Can anybody point to ressources where this kind of questions may be
answered ?

May the Pharce be with you
"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
        --Charles H. Duell, Commissioner,
           U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net