[RC5] Re: New Clients

Oscar Chang oscarc at divideby0.com
Tue Jun 2 11:10:50 EDT 1998

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, rc5-digest wrote:

> Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 13:32:03 +1200
> From: "dan carter" <motion at es.co.nz>
> Subject: Re: [RC5] Re: New Clients
>
> Where's your initiative!
> You could code a new object class that subclasses the startup
> folder. In your new class you add the necessary code to hide
> certain objects contained within it. Then add the new DLL to the
> client distribution, along with a REXX script which tells it to
> replace the existing WPSTARTUP class.
>
> Who says it can't be done?
>
> <DISCLAIMER> While this is entirely possible, it is also intended
> as a joke. You can go back to coding useful features into the
> client now</DISCLAIMER>

  You can tell me this and *not* be able to have the client start up in
the config.sys? ;) Naughty OS/2 user. :)
  Ok let me rephrase that, it's not *easily* able to hide a client from
the startup folder. :)

  Btw if you want to add the client to the config.sys just add

  detach=c:\path\rc5des.exe

  but it might not startup in the right directory so it's probably safer
to just put it in the startup.cmd file.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net