[RC5] Putting Postscript printers to work

Edwin ten Brink edwin at Cam061311.student.utwente.nl
Wed Jun 3 12:30:46 EDT 1998

>This topic already emerged some time ago but spawned no discussion,
>which
>seems strange to me since it looks like the cumulative power of all
>Postscript
>printers our there may well be worth the coding.

I don't know what the computing power of a Postscript printer is (about the
level of a i386 maybe?), but if we start this way, why don't we put XT's
and AT's to work? I know RC5 depends heavily on 32 bits instructions, but
it is easier (I think) to get the clients working on those machines, and
there are quite a few still around (at least I have some of them I can dust
off, even a 8088 running good old CP/M.... ;-). Or is this silly? Any
thoughts?

Edwin
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net