[RC5] Putting Postscript printers to work

Holger Lamm holger at e-technik.uni-kl.de
Wed Jun 3 20:44:04 EDT 1998

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Jean-Marc V. Liotier wrote:

> This topic already emerged some time ago but spawned no discussion,
> which
> seems strange to me since it looks like the cumulative power of all
> Postscript
> printers our there may well be worth the coding.
[...]

Another problem is that the only way of showing results is by printing
them. So you will have to print out a line like "the block
6A685B48:40000000 did not contain the key", and something like a
questionnaire on the computer to mark the processed blocks. Kind of lousy
job, considering that a PPC-equipped printer may process maybe 80 blocks a
day.

Holger

--
Windows95: <win-doz-nin-te-fiv> n.
  32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net