[RC5] Re: New Clients

Alexey Guzeev aga at permonline.ru
Wed Jun 3 12:34:22 EDT 1998

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:10:50 -0700 (PDT), Oscar Chang wrote:

>  Btw if you want to add the client to the config.sys just add
>
>  detach=c:\path\rc5des.exe

run=c:\path\rc5des.exe

>  but it might not startup in the right directory so it's probably safer
>to just put it in the startup.cmd file.

Right; but I prefer

run=c:\os2\cmd.exe /c c:\idle\rc5\rc5des.cmd

in config.sys, and

=== rc5des.cmd ===
@echo off
set DELDIR=
c:
cd \idle\rc5
detach rc5des.exe -runoffline
exit

===

since there is no startup.cmd window at boot appeared [for short time] this way.
(Although reboots are rare, users asked me sometimes "what's the black flash was on
the screen when I booted my comp last week? Is my monitor broken?" ;-) )

Alexey                                            [Team OS/2]
AKA 2:5054/16 at fidonet
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net