[RC5] FW: 3.8 teraflops!

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Wed Jun 3 22:38:55 EDT 1998

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Ackerson, Greg wrote:

> It's obvious only a tiny fraction of Internet-ready machines are
> participating in Bovine; what do you think is the best way for us to us to
> get more coverage, and consequently, more participation?

Advertising. We could put some of the eyegive money to pay for an ad
on yahoo/etc.
And there must be a lot of free ad systems.

Everybody put a link to dnet in their sig, like me.
BUT: Then the mainpage of dnet needs to say more then: Yes, we
cracked rc5-56 and we're a clearinghouse for all things distributed.
A short description of what and how in the first paragraph on the
mainpage is necessary.

When visiting a new IRC channel: Mention dnet, put a link to dnet in
you signoff message.

Go see your systemadministrator (school/work) and get him (her?) to
install the client on the whole network. Or get your ISP involved and
let them put a link on the ISP's homepage.

Any other ideas?

Ivo

--
| IVO JANSSEN       | ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl        | |     |   |
| 2614 JE Delft     | elektron.et.tudelft.nl/~ivo/   | +->-|    (|)
| the Netherlands   | Dept of Electrical Engineering |     |-+   |
| +31-15-2855973    | Delft University of Technology |       |   |

  Part of the world largest computer!
  http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net