[RC5] Re: New Clients

dan carter motion at es.co.nz
Wed Jun 3 13:15:49 EDT 1998

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:10:50 -0700 (PDT), Oscar Chang wrote:

>On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, rc5-digest wrote:
>
>> Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 13:32:03 +1200
>> From: "dan carter" <motion at es.co.nz>
>> Subject: Re: [RC5] Re: New Clients
>>
>> Where's your initiative!
>> You could code a new object class that subclasses the startup
>> folder. In your new class you add the necessary code to hide
>> certain objects contained within it. Then add the new DLL to the
>> client distribution, along with a REXX script which tells it to
>> replace the existing WPSTARTUP class.
>

>  Ok let me rephrase that, it's not *easily* able to hide a client from
>the startup folder. :)

Just thought of an easier way that might work.

Create an icon that is 100% filled with transparent pixels.

Change the icon name to one of those exteneded characters that don't
show up. eg open a command prompt, hold down ALT and press on the num
pad 4590 then release ALT. You can get all sorts of funny characters
that way, and one of them (i don't recall the number) is a blank space
that is actually a character rather than the space you get when you
press the space bar.

That way, the program object will still be there, but you won't see it
unless you happen click where it lives.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net