[RC5] Putting Postscript printers to work

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Thu Jun 4 00:18:13 EDT 1998

'Edwin ten Brink' said previously:

| I don't know what the computing power of a Postscript printer is (about the
| level of a i386 maybe?),

Most current Postscript printers have fairly high powered RISC engines in
them.

| but if we start this way, why don't we put XT's
| and AT's to work?

There was some talk of it, but in the end the keyrates we were looking
at paled in comparison to the keyrate dip a modern machine has refreshing
your terminal display or composing/reading email.  :-)

My $0.02.

--Joe

--
  +------- Joseph Zbiciak ------+
  |- - - j-zbiciak1 at ti.com - - -|  "The ability to quote is a serviceable
  | -Texas Instruments, Dallas- |   substitute for wit."
  |- - #include <disclaim.h> - -|                  -- W. Somerset Maugham
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net