[RC5] www.highlander.org

Edwin E. Smith edsmith at IntNet.net
Thu Jun 4 21:22:04 EDT 1998

At 03:45 PM 6/1/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Edwin E. Smith wrote:
>> When I look at the log of my client, I sometimes see the
following:

>> [05/31/98 22:49:46 GMT] The proxy says: "There can be only one
>> (www.highlander.org)"
>
>That is just a message the proxy server sends out.  It doesn't mean
>anything.  Sometimes there are strange quotes and stuff.
>
>On the Distributed.net web page there is a listing of all current
proxy
>server messages.  That page is in the stats area somewhere.

When I do a whois of highlander.org I get:

The InterNIC Registration Services Host contains ONLY non-military
Domains and
POC's.  Other associated whois servers:
  American Registry for Internet Numbers whois server -
whois.arin.net
  European IP Address Allocations whois server - whois.ripe.net
  Asia Pacific IP Address Allocations whois server - whois.apnic.net
  US Military whois server - whois.nic.mil
Highlander Fan Internet Domain (HIGHLANDER2-DOM)
   5940 W Lakebluff Dr. Apt 6A
   Tinley Park, IL 60477
   US

   Domain Name: HIGHLANDER.ORG

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Beberg, Adam L  (ALB6)  beberg at ACM.ORG
      708-614-4568
   Billing Contact:
      Beberg, Adam L  (ALB6)  beberg at ACM.ORG
      708-614-4568

   Record last updated on 02-Sep-97.
   Record created on 08-Sep-95.
   Database last updated on 4-Jun-98 04:02:10 EDT.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   NS1.MITHRAL.COM		206.20.161.129
   MILLENNIUM.MILLNET.NET	206.20.161.50

The InterNIC Registration Services Host contains ONLY non-military
Domains and
POC's.  Other associated whois servers:
  American Registry for Internet Numbers whois server -
whois.arin.net
  European IP Address Allocations whois server - whois.ripe.net
  Asia Pacific IP Address Allocations whois server - whois.apnic.net
  US Military whois server - whois.nic.mil

This means that it is a real server.

I was just wondering what this is about and if it is anything of
interest. I know it is not just idle bulls--t test that is being
presented. If it is some deep dark secret then it only piques my
interest more.

Edwin

When freedom is outlawed.......Only outlaws will be free!

If cryptography is outlawed, pomz pvumbxt xjmm ibwf dszquphsbqiz.

Fun! Fast! Revealing! Try "The World's Smallest Political Quiz" at:
   http://www.self-gov.org/quiz.html

IS AIDS A GOVERNMENT/DRUG COMPANY HOAX?
   http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/index.htm

When you blame others, you give up your power to change.
Dr. Robert Anthony
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net