[RC5] 2 machines...

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Thu Jun 4 00:12:19 EDT 1998

'James Colton' said previously:

| That sucks ;) the distributed.net coders
| should just makes the central computer give
| out completely new keys until all keys are
| given out.

That is how the RC5-56 contest worked.

RC5-64 is tackling a keyspace 256 times the size.  We don't have enough
disk space/processing power on the key server to keep track of that
many keys simultaneously.  Therefore, we're handing out keys in 56-bit
subspaces.

Regards,

--Joe

--
  +------- Joseph Zbiciak ------+
  |- - - j-zbiciak1 at ti.com - - -|  "The ability to quote is a serviceable
  | -Texas Instruments, Dallas- |   substitute for wit."
  |- - #include <disclaim.h> - -|                  -- W. Somerset Maugham
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net