[RC5] WINNTWS 4 freezes

Isaac zarkon at concentric.net
Fri Jun 5 23:11:41 EDT 1998

Check the memory for errors, check it again, then replace it anyway.  I had
the same problem under NT and 95 until I got rid of my bad memory (which I
could never prove was bad).  The system always seemed to lock up or crash
in mysterious ways when the CPU was at 100% utilization, be it from rc5des
or my favorite games.

Buy the memory locally, so you can return it if it doesn't fix the problem.

At 09:27 PM 6/4/98 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm using Windows NT 4.00 Workstation with Service Pack3 and when I'm
>running the CLI or the service client [I haven't tried GUI client yet]
>WinNT freezes with PAGE FAULT, Access Violation and other errors. But
>not RC5DES caused these errors but my other programs running [WinAMP,
>Forte Agent, FAR etc.]. When the client isn't running it never
>happens. Kind of this happened with my Win95 too, but with the GUI
>client.
>I'm using RC5DES Client v2.7020.403 [it's from the log]

==== zarkon at concentric.net === Isaac Foraker === Programmer/Analyst ====
Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
===== http://www.concentric.net/~zarkon/ === Strive for Perfection =====
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net