[RC5] WINNTWS 4 freezes

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Thu Jun 4 22:52:11 EDT 1998

On Thu, 04 Jun 1998 21:27:34 GMT, Karman wrote:

>Hi!
>
>First: Hello to everybody. I'm new here.
>
>Second: My problem.
>I'm using Windows NT 4.00 Workstation with Service Pack3 and when I'm
>running the CLI or the service client [I haven't tried GUI client yet]
>WinNT freezes with PAGE FAULT, Access Violation and other errors. But
>not RC5DES caused these errors but my other programs running [WinAMP,
>Forte Agent, FAR etc.]. When the client isn't running it never
>happens. Kind of this happened with my Win95 too, but with the GUI
>client.
>I'm using RC5DES Client v2.7020.403 [it's from the log]
>
>Please help me, because this problem I can't run the RC5 client.
>
>TIA
>
>Karman [karman at altern.org] [http://altern.org/karman] [team #4219]

It sounds like your processor is overheating as a result of the rc5des
client running.  Check to see how hot your processor is running; you
may wish to purchase a larger heatsink, or increase the airflow in your
case in other ways (add an intake fan/etc.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net