AW: [RC5] Celeron?

Remi Guyomarch rguyom at mail.dotcom.fr
Fri Jun 5 23:53:20 EDT 1998

Hurt Ludwig wrote:

> I've an Celeron in a BX Board clocked with 400Mhz.
> My rc5 Benchmark ist around 1,100,000 keys/s.
> OS:             NT
> rc5 client:     NT Service (newest Version)
>
> Before that I had an P200 MMX clocked to 225Mhz
> (75 Mhz Bus clock) which produce with the same
> configuration around 290,000 keys/s.

>From what I've read, the Celeron is mostly a PII without L2 cache.
The RC5 algorithm has a very small memory footprint, and I think it fit
entirely in the L1 cache (both code & data). 1100 Kkeys/s for a 400 Mhz
processor does confirm this.
But the lack of L2 cache may hurt DES performance. Do you have some
numbers for DES ?

--
Rémi		Don't waste your computer's time. Distribute it!
			http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net