[RC5] Differing Key Rates

Steve Bird sbird at UATC.com
Fri Jun 5 11:27:14 EDT 1998

I tried that and got nothing back.  I did have the strange fluctuating
results.On my P2-266 If I start it up at about 9:30AM and then work
until 5PM, leave and come back and check it at 9:30AM the next day, I'll
have about 40-65 blocks completed.  However, over Memorial Day weekend I
left on Friday at 5PM with a total of about 930 blocks completed(I
usually allocate 1000 blocks and bring them to work).  I didn't want to
bring them home because I dint think my lowly P200 MMX could tackle 70
blocks in 3 days with me using it.

Imagine my surprise however on Tuesday when I returned and found it with
1703 total blocks in my buff-in.rc5 file.  I'd really like to know if
this is getting affected by something I'm doing or if I should or
shouldn't be doing something.  I'm running the latest x86 CLI
version(not the beta) and I only have a Virus scanner running in my
taskbar(which my admins control).    Anyway, thanks for any input.

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Ed Wensell III aka THE StormRaiser
[SMTP:EWENSELL at pstcc.cc.tn.us]
	Sent:	Thursday, June 04, 1998 6:30 AM
	To:	rc5 at llamas.net
	Subject:	Re: [RC5] Differing Key Rates

	=> Hi,  I am running th RC5 client on my work Win-NT machine.
When I look at
	=> my stats, I see that there are widly different
	=> amounts of blocks processed.  I understand why these can
change, depening on
	=> what I am working on, but for instance on Sunday last I got
about 106
	=> blocks, on Monday I got only 60 odd - And Monday was a bank
holiday here in
	=> Ireland, so there was no one using my system.  Anyone got a
reasonable
	=> answer???  I know I have an automated backup daily, but this
is alwayhs run
	=> at the same time and so should have the same effect.  Also, I
am not running
	=> Fast Find or anything, and there is no scheduled Virus check

	At a command prompt, type AT and see if there are any jobs
scheduled (if the
	Schedule Service is running)...

	Until soon...
	Ed Wensell III
	Systems and Operations Support, Pellissippi State
	http://www.pstcc.cc.tn.us/departments/sos

	 "...would you please not shoot at the thermo-nuclear weapons!?"
- Broken Arrow