[RC5] How to Interpret Keyspace Plots, please?

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Mon Jun 8 16:21:43 EDT 1998

'Dennis Lo' said previously:

| Sent 0x64 98.03%
[...]
| I do not understand that why do not they send out all 0x64 blocks (i.e.
| 100%), before they start to send out 0x66 blocks.

Perhaps the central keyserver has assigned the remaining 1.97% of the
0x64 keyspace to the various keyservers, but they haven't actually
issued those keys to the clients yet.  (This could be the case if some
keyservers have alot longer block latency than others, I'd guess.)

Is this the case, or is there some other phenomenon at play here?

Regards,

--Joe

--
  +------- Joseph Zbiciak ------+
  |- - - j-zbiciak1 at ti.com - - -|  "The ability to quote is a serviceable
  | -Texas Instruments, Dallas- |   substitute for wit."
  |- - #include <disclaim.h> - -|                  -- W. Somerset Maugham
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net