[RC5] First IDT WinChip benchmark indication

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Sun Jun 7 20:15:04 EDT 1998

Found a IDT Winchip C6 200Mhz last weekend in a local shop.

 Preliminary indications (it's in a floppy-based system right now) are
that it's a HAIR faster than a same-clock Pentium or Pentium-MMX, and
ought to be about 3-5% faster once I get it into a "comparable" setup. I
suspect the bigger on-chip caches are why.

 It also runs a LOT cooler than an Intel or AMD K5, which indicates good
things for reliability.

 On the down side, any of my K5-166 machines cracks over 100Kkeys/sec
faster....

--

 Reply-to has been de-spammed. Real email address below.

 Brice D. Fleckenstein
 EMail: bricef at indy dot net
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net