[RC5] Supspace 0x68

Ryan Anderson ryan at michonline.com
Mon Jun 8 16:08:09 EDT 1998

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998 gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:

>      Foo.  I don't recall seeing a note to this effect.  This means I'd
>      better go dump all my off-line machines crunching on 0x68 right now
>      and wait until a *different* subspace is opened to fetch for them...

> Yes. :)

> >      Is subspace 0x68 being reissued?

Since this seems to be a problem, may I ask *why* we are jumping subspaces
by twos?  0x64,0x66,0x68,0x6a?  Why are we leaving all these big messy
random subspaces behind?  Since the random subspace is decided by
lastissuedsubspace+1, why don't we move into the formerly random subspace
when we decide to close out a subspace?  This would drastically cut down
the number of spaces we have open at once, and eliminate the massive
problem with old (actually current) clients still being active when we go
and clean up all the random ones, and we decide we want the random
subspaces to be current+2..

Just a thought,

Ryan

Ryan Anderson
PGP fp: 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net