[RC5] Win 3.1 beta client

Loren Thiel thiel at genevaonline.com
Thu Jun 11 15:42:18 EDT 1998

I tried installing the Win 3.1 beta....
Upon first running...it complained that winsock.dll could not be found...
well, that's ok cuz the 386 its running on has no net connection....which
was set in the ini file (off line only).  However, when there are buff
files in the dir it was run from...it says "generating random block" then
craps out with: Win32s - Error GUIWIN16.EXE  Unhandled Exception detected.
(Code: 0xC0000090 GUIWIN16.EXE:2D0C4) Application will be terminated.
Then...a window pops up with the title "Error" and a message "Oops".  :) hehe
Then another Win32s Error  Unhandled Exception detected. (Code: 0xC0000027
W32SKRNL.dll:8FF3)  Application will be terminated.
So, basically what I'm saying is..I can't get the Win3.1 client to
work...anyone else have similar problems and able to fix them?