[RC5] 2 machines...

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Tue Jun 9 21:33:20 EDT 1998

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, Chris Eaton wrote:

> At 12:15 PM 04/06/98 , you wrote:
> >They could do that, except that they only have enough hard disk space right
> now to have 4
> >open keyspaces at once.  I don't see why they couldn't just go out and get a
> new hd, but
> >oh well...
>
> Well, do you want to buy it for them? I doubt another HD so we can open even
> more keyspaces at once is high on the priority list, the 6 weeks or so it
> takes
> before keys are reissued now is more then long enough.

If I know exactly when the reissue is going to happen.

Yesterday someone complained here that the reissue of 0x68 wasn't
properly made public. And he has a point. I have some offline clients
running, and I'd like flush them only every couple of months. Now I'm
forced to flush them every 6 weeks, _just_ before the reissue starts.
But when I don't know when that happens, those machines cracked all
for nothing for over six weeks!

So, please more info on the announce list. I volunteered once to help
rc5-help and communications in general, but then there was already
enough potential to answer everything. Well, it seems not...

Ivo
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net