[RC5] Possiblities regarding a Java client?

Jeffrey Sorensen sorenj at alumni.rpi.edu
Wed Jun 10 00:26:17 EDT 1998

Has anyone considered developing an RC5/DES client for Java.  While
porting would probably be a pain and the performance would probably be
abominable, there are many people who have Web access that cannot use
any form of proxy.  If all one needed to do to run this client was to
leave their web browser open to a distributed.net web page, you might
be able to attract many new participants.

I apologize in advance if this issue has been raised before.  I saw
no obvious way of searching your mailing list archive.

Thanks,

Jeff

"Beware of first hand  \ My monitor is so small, \ Jeff Sorensen (203) 888-6161
 ideas!" - E.M. Forster \   when you open a file  \ http://www.rpi.edu/~sorenj/
  in "The Machine Stops" \     you break a window. \ sorenj at alumni.rpi.edu
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net