[RC5] CD Writing

Santeri Saarimaa gridle at mbnet.fi
Fri Jun 12 20:42:09 EDT 1998

>Somebody I know has switched from normal client to screen saver client
>because he thinks that the client (at lowest priority) makes writing of
>CD's fail from time to time...  Is this possible?

I wouldn't say it's possible, because I've been running RC5DES longer
than i've had my IDE CD-R (And all the time with niceness=1) and never
had problems. It's known that IDE is worse than SCSI in data transfers,
but it shouldn't matter anything as RC5 doesn't do much I/O work.

Join the RC5-64 project @ www.distributed.net/rc5
Gridle / NNY <gridle at mbnet.fi> - ICQ UIN 2426159

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net