Lack of communication, was: Re: [RC5] Supspace 0x68

Edwin ten Dam etd at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Jun 12 18:32:19 EDT 1998

Thus spoke the keyboard of gindrup at okway.okstate.edu,
gindrup at okway.okstate.edu on 09/06/98 22:34:

>     I tend to agree that this "shot" was a little stronger that I felt
>     about the issue.
>
>     And this is the sort of thing that "medium involved" people need to
>     know -- people like me who run *a lot* of off-line MS-DOS machines
>     because networking these MCA PS/2s would cost too much.  People in
>     the "large off-line" camp *have* to know when the subspace their
>     off-line pools are working on are being reissued so they can flush
>     buffers and not completely waste the effort they've put into
>     sneaker-netting the blocks to each member of the off-line farm.

OK, so now the keyspace plots are on line, doesn't that show you when
we're nearing the end of a subspace? (Although a message to the list
would be nice)

cheers,

edwin

Edwin ten Dam                                   etd at bigfoot.com
School of Biomedical Sciences     -    University of St Andrews
Irvine Building, North Street,  St Andrews, Fife KY16  9AL U.K.
Phone: +44 1334 463404                   - Fax: +44 1334 463400

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net